We are a handcrafted, botanical-based skin care line that helps informed and selective buyers wanting an effective, affordable, and toxic free routine that will help them get their glow back and keep it.
Our premium, expertly curated skin care formulas begin with herbal infusions that are geared to those experiencing sensitive or aging skin. I’m living proof our line works!
Dry, irritated skin has been a constant affliction for me, and my super sensitive skin has always made finding a solution more difficult. Years of smoking, sunbathing, allergies, and chronic illness have also drastically affected my skin.
I’ve tried many remedies over the years, including commercial lotions, serums, moisturizers, and salves. Some left me feeling slimy, some were way over-priced, and others simply didn’t work.
I began exploring and experimenting with plant-based products about 40 years ago. This study, combined with my joy of cooking, developed into a lifelong passion for creating toxic free skin care products to solve mine and my family’s practical problems.
Like many people, life has brought more than my share of difficulties, some of which I struggled to cope with. Being a maker has been an intrinsic part of my healing journey. It allows me to redirect my energies and be in the present moment, soothing and recharging both mind and body.
Several years ago, I developed a facial serum that changed my skin so drastically, I no longer needed foundation. After only six months of using our Restorative Facial oil, I had a more even-skin tone, fine lines and pores were less visible and age spots were fading. I knew I had a winner when a highly experienced esthetician kept commenting during my facial how immaculately clean my skin was. Skipping foundation every morning has not only left my skin cleaner, it also saves me time and money.
When friends, family and co-workers began asking where they could get this genie in a bottle, I was compelled to transform my botanical-based practice into thescentedbohemian.ca.
Before embarking on this business venture, I did a complete overhaul of my old recipes and formulas to ensure safe and effective products. Formulas are continuously refined and honed to ensure customers are satisfied with the results.
What we cannot grow or forage locally, we mindfully select, and ethically source from reliable distributors. We strive to procure organic ingredients whenever possible.
We believe skin care should be simple and toxin-free. We also believe that effective skin care should be readily accessible and affordable to everyone. Our customers believe this too.
1. We value quality and freshness. We use time-tested recipes with exactly enough of the highest quality, ethically sourced, organic ingredients to help us achieve products that are remarkably effective. We put a lot of love and care into everything we make. Our products are handcrafted in small batches to ensure our customers get the freshest products available.
2. We value toxic free living and never use anything synthetic, artificial, or harmful. Ingredients tested on animals are never used. We advocate against the use of fragrance in personal care products through research and education.
3. We keep environmental practices at the forefront of our business. We reduce excess waste by minimally packaging our products in glass, metal, paperboard, and recycled materials, reducing excess waste. We even reuse bubble wrap, packing peanuts and packing paper from incoming shipments.
4. We believe everyone has the right to access toxic-free skin care at an affordable price. We keep our overhead low so that we can use the savings to reduce our pricing, while maintaining profitability.
5. We take pride in nurturing connections with customers and building relationships. Our customers deserve the best and we design our products around their needs and based on their feedback. The customer experience is at the core of everything we do.
6. We practice accountability, responsibility, and truthfulness in our daily lives and these values are paramount in our business. We are honest people with strong moral principles that drive us to do the right thing, no matter who’s watching.
7. We care about getting it right. Product integrity and product excellence are of utmost importance to us. We focus on products that perform superbly, provide good value and exceed customer expectations.
8. We honour our community with donations to local charitable events. Additionally, a portion of the sales of two of our products, Bakuchiol Smoothing Serum and Restorative Facial Oil, are donated annually to Autism Canada on behalf of my grandchild Milo, who faces the daily challenge of living on the spectrum.
We’re on a mission to elevate skin care by creating wholesome, exceptional plant-based products that will spark the same joy in you, our customers, that I feel when I’m preparing our formulas. Join me on this journey and learn to love your skin again, no matter your age.