With being able to coordinate over 30 events, I have been able to observe as an on looker to see what has benefited vendors and what has hindered their ability to best utilize their booths. I have seen vendors purchase a booth and use it solely for network marketing and getting their name out I have also seen vendors who choose to only sell items at their booth that. Both have been very successful – but what about the “what ifs?” What if I don’t make my sales? Will it be a loss?
In an event where you are unable to make back what you paid for, you are still surrounded by potential clientele of future sales and you should maximize the surrounding opportunities.
- Try to stand/sit in front of your booth or beside it. Stay off your phone, and always smile and make eye contact. With watching events unfold I see many potential customers walk right by a booth because there was no engagement. If you engage, even if the potential client doesn’t purchase anything, you can still educate them on your products, crafts or services and give them a business card or brochure. You truly never know if down the road they will remember your conversation and services. Even if you feel the foot traffic is not at the number you preferred, there may be that one attendee that is your biggest sale or connection – don’t let them pass by.
Always remember to smile
“Smile at strangers and you just might change a life.” – Steve Maraboli
- Every contact counts! Put the word out that you’re participating in the Holistic Healing Fair by inviting your clients, customers, suppliers, and other contacts to attend the show. Be sure to advertise your coming trade show attendance on your website, facebook and all social media platforms as well. The event organizer will be advertising as expected, but each and every share/shout out ensures the event reaches the local community.
- Each person that attends a Holistic Healing Fair has the intention of broadening their perspective when it comes to Holistic Healing and absolutely anything that falls into that category. Whether it be finding a bracelet that will help balance them and remind them to breathe, a painting or item that they can look at everyday and smile about, buying a dream catcher to help them sleep at peace or having a reading for some self assurance. Every attendee that walks through our doors is seeking positive change, they may not even know what for – and that is where you come in!
Help people love them as much as you do.
“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” -Jimmy Dean
- If people can relate to your story, they will relate to your products. Although we live in the holistic field and familiar with what we know, you would be surprised with how many people have no idea what the benefits of reiki are, or what it means to have a card reading done. So many people don’t know what the Chakras are, what’s really in our beauty products or household items and the long term harmful affects they hold. As a vendor, it is your job to educate those who show interest in your services and products. Reach out, be confident – after all, you did choose to sell those items and so much so that you created a business – why not share it to the world? Help people love them as much as you do. Odds are, they will not know if you don’t tell them and best of all – they come to learn, completely open minded, when they walk into a Holistic Healing Fair.
- The Holistic Healing Fairs are at least 80% local, which means the market of which you would flourish in is brought right to your booth. Maximize your business benefits and have different approaches when you have your booth set up. You can still aim for making your booth money back and more, but be prepared to do the work. Engage, educate and raise awareness on why you love what you do and what you offer. Most people won’t know why you love what you do, that leaves it up to you to make a change in the way they view your table as they go to walk by.
What you can do to help market your business for future follow ups and potential future customers
This opens the door to explain why you are a vendor, and what you offer to help!
Ask “What brings you to the fair today?”
- Stop and talk to anyone who looks at your booth, let them know why you love what you do and offer. Ask “What brings you to the fair today?”
- Hold a draw at your table, asking for Names and Emails. That way you gain an email clientele base that you can send off an email to for special offers, updates and new products.
- Hand out your pamphlets to those who walk by
- Network with other vendors – this is huge! Sometimes your best connections and clientele can be the vendor next door to you or across the room. Market, network, share your services, build relationships, do a trade, drop off your business card to everyone, and most importantly – share smiles and laughs. I promise you will be surrounded by the most beautiful and amazing people in your area at our fairs – and all with the same interest in life. To help make the world a better place.
- Offer a special at your table. Never mark your prices up for a vendor event, they want to feel they are getting a special deal. Some wise words from my Dad, “Focus on high volume and low cost, instead of high cost and low volume”
The moral of this blog is to not go into a vendor event looking for only a number. Yes, it helps to make sales but you have to engage and work with what you love. However, if you don’t make your sales you still have potential to connect with so many amazing people and customers. Expand your horizons with being a vendor. If a fair didn’t go good for you, what could you have changed? What could you have done differently? Change is the only thing that is constant. Adjust your layout. Create a new sale sign. Stand in front of your table. Educate anyone who walks by, even if it’s just handing out a pamphlet with your services. (Quick tip: have a sticker on it that says “Thank you for coming to the Holistic Healing Fair, this special is just for you!” and attach a 10% off coupon to it or anything that engages when no words are exchanged.)
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post, I hope
it helps all of you to maximize your endless opportunities that follow with a
Holistic Healing Fair.
Awakening Energy Events
Founder and coordinator of the Holistic Healing Fairs